Enterprise content management (ECM) can help hospitals and health systems go beyond simply storing data to making it possible to truly realize the potential that is inherent in these data. With the right document management and imaging (DMI) system, you can access content to meet organizational goals, such as improved care, enhanced patient experiences, and reduced costs. That’s why it’s so important to choose the appropriate vendor, whether selecting this technology for the first time, or making a switch.
Choosing a DMI platform is a big investment when it comes to time and resources, so an organization needs to be prepared.
When evaluating DMI vendors, here are some things to consider:
- Vendor stability – Look for outside verification of a company’s strength. Verify a history of long-term leadership. Think about how long the prospective vendors have been in the healthcare market. Check to see if they’ve been recognized by credible industry organizations.
- Overall product quality – When it comes down to the product itself, it should be a quality product that is user-friendly and intuitive. The platform should be capable of seamless integration with other content systems within a healthcare enterprise, particularly any electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
- Quality of implementation – It’s critical to have an implementation team that understands how you’re going to be using the product, and that helps you build a strong foundation. They should be able to deliver a tailored level of attention.
- Tailored training – You should expect ease of use with the product, but for the training you do need, you want a vendor that has flexibility. You should be able to decide the agenda, and expect to be taught how to use the application, how to navigate the system, and how to make configuration changes later.
- Strong service and support – When selecting an ECM vendor, you need to know that you have a dedicated team that you can trust. They act as your knowledge base, answering any and all questions that you have. You want a regular contact that you can rely on, that will be responsive and attentive to your needs.
These are just a few of the considerations you should look at in an ECM vendor. For the full, detailed list, read our white paper, “10 things to look for in an enterprise content management vendor.” To learn more about the latest release of Quanum Enterprise Content Solutions from Quest Diagnostics, or to request a tailored demonstration, contact us at 1.888.491.7900, or email us at Info@Quanum.com.