Among the many challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, clinicians are finding that paper patient records are no longer a viable way to run a successful practice. If you haven’t already, now is the time to go paperless by switching to an electronic health record (EHR).
Outlined below are 10 benefits of an EHR that can help you better run your practice and serve your patients as you make the switch from paper.
- Efficient workflow. Relieve the burden of sifting through patient charts, and gain instant access to clinical reports. Reduce instances of lost referrals or lab results that cause duplicative effort and frustration for you and the patient.
- Ease of implementation. Select a vendor who can offer a quick, seamless implementation—based on your schedule—to help minimize downtime.
- Mobility. Look for a vendor that offers robust mobile apps to support your workflow anytime, anywhere. Order labs and read results, prescribe medications, and manage your patient records on-the-go.
- Reduce errors. An EHR can assist with the accuracy of charting, coding, and billing, potentially resulting in increased collections and revenue.
- Increase medication adherence. Write and manage prescriptions electronically within the EHR via ePrescribing, and gain insight into patient medication history and formulary checking. Prior authorization and price transparency can help facilitate medication adherence.
- Improve care. Better track and respond to patients with chronic conditions by linking to public health systems such as registries and communicable disease databases. Enhance patient collaboration by choosing a vendor that offers an easy-to-use patient portal.
- Improve quality. Pursue excellence through benchmarking and tracking of clinical quality measures. Access real-time scorecards that help you evaluate and identify improvement activities.
- Network connectivity. An EHR offers the ability to share information securely with other providers both inside and outside of your practice. With more complete patient information, practices can improve their ability to make well-informed treatment decisions, leading to improved patient care.
- Minimal Hardware Footprint. Select an EHR that is cloud-based with redundant backup. No expensive, on-site servers for you to maintain and product enhancements are automatically deployed.
- Affordable. Find a vendor that offers flexible packages and pricing to fit your business needs.
Quanum® EHR offers all of this and more as you switch from paper, potentially including accelerated access to patient lab results upon implementation. To take advantage of the benefits of an EHR, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn just how easy the transition from paper to electronic patient records can be.